The Resource Alexandria County (Va.) Deed

Alexandria County (Va.) Deed

Label
Alexandria County (Va.) Deed, 1843
Title
Alexandria County (Va.) Deed
Inclusive dates
1843
Creator
Subject
Genre
Language
eng
Summary
Alexandria County (Va.) Deed, 1843. Consists of a deed between Charles Casenove and Ann his wife, on the one part, and John C. Vowell pertaining to a brick tenement in the town of Alexandria
Member of
Action
Described
Biographical or historical data
Alexandria County was named for the town of Alexandria. It was formed from a portion of Fairfax County that had been ceded by Virginia in 1789 to the federal government for use as the site of a new national capital. In 1801 the area officially became part of the District of Columbia, although Congress named it Alexandria County. Congress returned the county to Virginia in 1846, and the following year the General Assembly extended the commonwealth's jurisdiction over the region. In 1920 the county's name was changed to Arlington County.
Cataloging source
Vi
Location of other archival material
Additional Alexandria County Land Records can be found on microfilm at The Library of Virginia. Consult "A Guide to Virginia County and City Records On Microfilm" found on the Library of Virginia web site at www.lva.lib.va.us/whatwehave/local/local_rec/index.htm.
Label
Alexandria County (Va.) Deed
Note
This item came to the Library of Virginia under the accession number 37232
http://library.link/vocab/branchCode
  • The Library of Virginia
Extent
4
Governing access note
There are no restrictions
http://library.link/vocab/recordID
001552978
Terms governing use
There are no restrictions.
Type of unit
p.

Library Locations

    • Library of VirginiaBorrow it
      800 East Broad Street, Richmond, VA, 23219, US
      37.5415632 -77.4360805
Processing Feedback ...