The Resource Alterations and additions to Library, Union Theological Seminary, (architectural drawing)

Alterations and additions to Library, Union Theological Seminary, (architectural drawing)

Label
Alterations and additions to Library, Union Theological Seminary, 1941.
Title
Alterations and additions to Library, Union Theological Seminary
Inclusive dates
1941.
Creator
Subject
Genre
Language
eng
Summary
These sheets document the addition of stacks and reading rooms to the existing Union Theological Seminary building at 3401 Brook Road in Richmond
Member of
Action
  • Accessioned
  • Described
Biographical or historical data
The architectural firm of Baskervill & Son was formed in 1932 when Henry E. Baskervill's long-established Richmond architectural practice was joined by his son, H. Coleman Baskerville. (The younger man used an added letter on the family name.) Important commissions by Baskervill & Son before the death of the elder Baskervill in 1946 included the renovation to the Medical College of Virginia's Egyptian Building (1932), the M. C. V. Main Hospital (1936-1941), the Virginia State Library (1939-1940), and the W. T. Grant Department Store (Richmond; 1941).
Cataloging source
Vi
Label
Alterations and additions to Library, Union Theological Seminary, (architectural drawing)
Note
Located in the LVA General Architectural Files Collection, Roll 5
http://library.link/vocab/branchCode
  • The Library of Virginia
Extent
8 sheets
Immediate source of acquisition
Donor information unavailable.
Other physical details
Diazo prints.
http://library.link/vocab/recordID
000502647
Terms governing use
Correspondence and similar documents may be photocopied. All requests for reproduction of photographs and architectural drawings must be made through the Library of Virginia Photo Services Department.

Library Locations

    • Library of VirginiaBorrow it
      800 East Broad Street, Richmond, VA, 23219, US
      37.5415632 -77.4360805
Processing Feedback ...