The Resource Fort Wool (Hampton, Va.)

Fort Wool (Hampton, Va.)

Label
Fort Wool (Hampton, Va.)
Title remainder
Fort Wool (Hampton, Va.)
Subject
Genre
Language
eng
Summary
This collection consists of a study of Fort Wool in Hampton, Virginia, describing its history and layout and including drawings and a development program for the fort
Member of
Action
  • Accessioned
  • Described
Biographical or historical data
Incomplete at the Warʾs outbreak, it was the companion fortification to Fort Monroe. Constructed on the Rip Raps, a small artificial stone island constructed by the Federals in the middle of Hampton Roads, it was originally named Castle Calhoun. The fort was renamed Fort Wool following its use in the operations against Confederateẖeld Norfolk in May 1862 in honor of Major General John E. Wool.
Cataloging source
Vi
Form designation
A Study:
Label
Fort Wool (Hampton, Va.)
http://library.link/vocab/branchCode
  • The Library of Virginia
Extent
20
Immediate source of acquisition
Tech Services
http://library.link/vocab/recordID
000503368
Reproduction note
Photocopies.
Type of unit
leaves.

Library Locations

    • Library of VirginiaBorrow it
      800 East Broad Street, Richmond, VA, 23219, US
      37.5415632 -77.4360805
Processing Feedback ...