The Resource Municipality history

Municipality history

Label
Municipality history
Title
Municipality history
Creator
Subject
Genre
Language
eng
Member of
Action
Described
Biographical or historical data
Radford, Virginia, is located in Montgomery County. Its previous names include: Lovely Mount, English Ferry, Ingles's Ferry, Central Depot, and Central City. The last was established as a town in 1885 and incorporated in 1887. The name was changed in 1890 to honor John Blair Radford, a prominent local citizen. It was incorporated as a city in 1892. It is located on the boundary line between Pulaski County on the west and Montgomery County on the east.
Cataloging source
Vi
Label
Municipality history
Note
This is not a record. It is background information about Virginia's local government records
http://library.link/vocab/branchCode
  • The Library of Virginia
Extent
1
http://library.link/vocab/recordID
000491552
Type of unit
leaf.

Library Locations

    • Library of VirginiaBorrow it
      800 East Broad Street, Richmond, VA, 23219, US
      37.5415632 -77.4360805
Processing Feedback ...