The Resource Radford (Va.) Court Records

Radford (Va.) Court Records

Label
Radford (Va.) Court Records, 1892-1940
Title
Radford (Va.) Court Records
Inclusive dates
1892-1940
Creator
Subject
Genre
Language
eng
Summary
Radford (Va.) Court Records, 1896-1940, consist of twenty two boxes of chancery causes (1892-1940 circa), one box of oversize plats (1892-1940 circa), and one box of Commonwealth automobile confiscations (1927-1933)
Member of
Action
  • Accessioned
  • Described
Biographical or historical data
The City of Radford, in Montgomery County, was at different times known as Lovely Mount, English Ferry, Ingles's Ferry, Central Depot, and Central City. The town of Central City was established in 1885 and incorporated in 1887. Its name was changed to Radford in 1890 to honor John Blair Radford, a prominent local citizen, and it was incorporated as a city in 1892.
Cataloging source
Vi
Label
Radford (Va.) Court Records
Note
These items came to the Library of Virginia in a transfer of court papers from the city of Radford under the accession number 50446
http://library.link/vocab/branchCode
  • The Library of Virginia
Extent
11
Immediate source of acquisition
Radford (City) Circuit Court
http://library.link/vocab/recordID
000504560
Terms governing use
There are no restrictions.
Type of unit
cu. ft. (24 boxes)

Library Locations

    • Library of VirginiaBorrow it
      800 East Broad Street, Richmond, VA, 23219, US
      37.5415632 -77.4360805
Processing Feedback ...