The Resource !UNKNOWN LABEL

!UNKNOWN LABEL

Label
1765-1908
Inclusive dates
1765-1908
Creator
Contributor
Subject
Genre
Language
  • engger
  • eng
Summary
  • Register, 1772-1884, containing an incomplete index; baptisms, 1772-1882, written in German to the late 1830's, many entered as family groups; communicants and confirmations, 1798-1884, in German as late as 1839, with some confirmations in the 1820's showing ages of the children, and lists of communicants for the earlier years appearing near the end of the volume; and administrative items, including accounts. Also includes the deed, 20 May 1765, transcribed in full and re-recorded in 1872; and miscellaneous loose papers, 1793-1825. (Accession 20789)
  • Record book, 1772-1884. This volume is a translation of Accession 20789, Register, 1772-1884, compiled in 1926 by C.H. Droegmuller and Leslie A. Miller, a governor of Wyoming. The majority of the entries in Accession 20789 are included in the translation, though not strictly in the original order. (Accession 22566)
  • Records, 1806-1887. This volume, referred to as a "Supplement," is a translation made in 1927 by H.L.W. Shuetz and Leslie A. Miller of records believed to be have been maintained separately by the Reformed congregation. Includes baptisms, naming the ministers who officiated, some of whom were Lutheran since in accordance with custom ministers served each denomination when called upon; communicants, 1817-1819; and minutes of the consistory and other administrative items, 1854-1887. Also includes an account of the laying of the cornerstone of Trinity Reformed Church in 1881 and the dedication, 1 June 1884 (p. 58). (Accession 22567)
  • Records, 1787-1796, including baptisms and a list of communicants. This volume appears to be the original register begun by P. Weber, a schoolmaster who also served as secretary of the church and maintained records for both congregation until he moved in 1790. These entries also appear to have been transcribed in Accession 20789, Register, 1772-1884, but not in the same order. (Accession 20991)
  • Register, 1883-1908, of Rader's Lutheran Church. Includes a long index arranged by subject; baptisms, infant and adult, 1883-1908; communicants and confirmations, 1884-1908; members received by certificate, 1886-1908; and offerings. This volume is a continuation of Accession 20789, Register, 1772-1884. (Accession 20790)
  • Deed, 20 May 1765, for land in Augusta County on which to build Rader's Church. (Accession 20742)
Member of
Action
  • Accessioned
  • Accessioned
  • Accessioned
  • Accessioned
  • Described
Biographical or historical data
Rader's Lutheran and German Reformed Church was believed to have been established about 1745. In 1765, the church secured land in Augusta County for the building of a union church. By 1806, the two congregations had joined together in the construction of a third church structure and continued the harmonious arrangement until 1878 when both congregations decided to separate. The Lutherans erected a church which later became Rader's Evangelical Lutheran Church. The Reformed congregation constructed a church in 1884 that assumed the name, Trinity Reform Church in Timberville.
Cataloging source
Vi
Form designation
Records
Language note
In English and German
Label
!UNKNOWN LABEL
http://library.link/vocab/branchCode
  • The Library of Virginia
Extent
  • 5
  • 26
Immediate source of acquisition
  • Donor information unavailable
  • Ballentine, A.W., Rev.
  • Crone, Frank L.
  • Ballentine, A.W., Rev.
http://library.link/vocab/recordID
000498870
Reproduction note
Photostats (negative).
Type of unit
  • v.
  • items.

Library Locations

    • Library of VirginiaBorrow it
      800 East Broad Street, Richmond, VA, 23219, US
      37.5415632 -77.4360805
Processing Feedback ...