The Resource !UNKNOWN LABEL

!UNKNOWN LABEL

Label
1827-1972
Inclusive dates
1827-1972
Creator
Subject
Genre
Language
eng
Summary
  • Includes four registers. Accession 19781 covers the years 1827 to 1897. The title page reads "Register of Bath Parish, Dinwiddie County, and of St. Andrew's Parish, Brunswick County." The St. Andrew's Parish records cover the period from 1827 to 1838. Included are baptisms, communicants, confirmations, funerals, and marriages. Abstracts of the marriages in this register have been published
  • Accession 28027 is a register for Sapony Church, dated 1873-1945. Included are membership lists, families, baptisms, confirmations, communicants, and burials. Some of the records included were transcribed from the 1827-1897 register, but discrepancies appear. This register can be found on Miscellaneous Reel 469
  • Accession 28028 consists of two registers for the Church of the Good Shepherd, dated 1887-1949 and 1942-1972. These two registers can be found on Miscellaneous Reel 469
Member of
Action
  • Accessioned
  • Accessioned
  • Accessioned
  • Described
Biographical or historical data
Bath Parish was formed in 1742 by a division of Bristol Parish in Prince George County. In 1752, Prince George was divided to create Dinwiddie County, most of which lay in Bath Parish, except for a small area, including the city of Petersburg, which remained in Bristol Parish.
Cataloging source
Vi
Form designation
Records
Label
!UNKNOWN LABEL
http://library.link/vocab/branchCode
  • The Library of Virginia
Extent
  • 1
  • 1
Immediate source of acquisition
  • Galusha, J. W.
  • Johnston, Robert O., Rev., Rector of Bath Parish
  • Johnston, Robert O., Rev., Rector of Bath Parish
http://library.link/vocab/recordID
000497929
Reproduction note
Photostats (negative) and microfilm.
Type of unit
  • v. (78 leaves)
  • reel.

Library Locations

    • Library of VirginiaBorrow it
      800 East Broad Street, Richmond, VA, 23219, US
      37.5415632 -77.4360805
Processing Feedback ...