The Resource !UNKNOWN LABEL

!UNKNOWN LABEL

Label
1888-1965
Inclusive dates
1888-1965
Creator
Subject
Genre
Language
eng
Summary
Records, 1888-1965, consisting of two volumes and some loose papers. 1) Church Register, 1888-1964, including an index; baptisms, 1888-1907, confirmations, 1890-1937; burials, 1892-1909, 1931-1964; marriages, 1888-1911; a list of families; and loose papers, including an account book (1888-1903), financial records, correspondence, programs (Fall Meeting Albemarle Convocation, 1930 and Rappahannock Valley Convocation, 1931-1940), parochial reports, marriage instructions, pamphlet on Boy's Class Number 12 Sunday School, burial certificates, and letters of transfer. 2) Church Account Book, 1920-1965, including minutes of a meeting held on 26 December 1920, and loose items such as deposit slips, receipts, and insurance policies
Member of
Action
  • Accessioned
  • Described
Additional physical form
Also available on microfilm (Misc. Reel 5882).
Biographical or historical data
This church, also known as Bull Church, was established in 1745, and located a few miles west of Penola in western Caroline County. The church belonged to St. Margaret's Parish, which was formed in 1720, and originally part of both King William County and Caroline County. The parish was divided in 1744, and the part in King William County became part of St. David's Parish.
Cataloging source
Vi
Form designation
Records
Label
!UNKNOWN LABEL
http://library.link/vocab/branchCode
  • The Library of Virginia
Extent
  • 80
  • 2
Governing access note
For preservation purposes, please serve microfilm (Misc. Reel 5882)
Immediate source of acquisition
Joy, Charles, Reverend
http://library.link/vocab/recordID
000499173
Type of unit
  • items.
  • v. (122 p.)

Library Locations

    • Library of VirginiaBorrow it
      800 East Broad Street, Richmond, VA, 23219, US
      37.5415632 -77.4360805
Processing Feedback ...