The Resource !UNKNOWN LABEL

!UNKNOWN LABEL

Label
1764-1859
Inclusive dates
1764-1859
Creator
Contributor
Subject
Genre
Language
  • engger
  • eng
Summary
  • Register, 1764-1859, containing baptisms, 1764-1859, in German until ca. 1823; communicants, confirmations, and brief lists of new members, 1789-1857; minutes of the consistory, April 1831-April 1833. Also includes: Constitution, 1789, in German (pages 156-163); members, 1789 (pages 163-164); and subscription lists for a new church, n.d. (Accession 20783)
  • The German Register, Reformed Church, 1789-1859, Loudoun County. This volume is a translation and partial transcription of Accession 20783, Register, 1764-1859. Includes translations and transcriptions of all the entries through page 111 (Baptisms, 1851), and also pages 156-164, which includes the Constitution of 1789 and a membership list of the same year. Compiled by George M. Smith, 1967. (Accession 26844)
Member of
Action
  • Accessioned
  • Accessioned
  • Described
Biographical or historical data
The German Reformed congregation of Loudoun County was organized no later than 1733, but perhaps earlier, in the area that was then Prince William County. A second log church building was erected in 1775 and a brick structure was built in 1819. On 1 June 1902, a new church was dedicated and named St. James Reformed Church.
Cataloging source
Vi
Form designation
Records
Language note
In English and German
Label
!UNKNOWN LABEL
http://library.link/vocab/branchCode
  • The Library of Virginia
Extent
2
Immediate source of acquisition
  • Garrison, J.S., Rev.
  • Smith, George M.
http://library.link/vocab/recordID
000498848
Reproduction note
photostats (negative).
Type of unit
v. (205 leaves).

Library Locations

    • Library of VirginiaBorrow it
      800 East Broad Street, Richmond, VA, 23219, US
      37.5415632 -77.4360805
Processing Feedback ...