The Resource !UNKNOWN LABEL

!UNKNOWN LABEL

Label
1807-1896
Inclusive dates
1807-1896
Creator
Subject
Genre
Language
eng
Summary
These minutes cover the period from 21 February 1807 to 16 February 1856, and from 15 May 1885 to 15 August 1896. The minutes for the early years are brief and not always fully recorded. Records for the gap between the two date ranges were destroyed by fire. Membership lists appear on pages 59-70, 139 (1890), and 156 (1893). Pages 104 and 105 contain names of members resolved to be no longer known as Copper Creek Church, and page 123 (1885), members "so far as could be ascertained after the fire."
Member of
Action
  • Accessioned
  • Described
Biographical or historical data
Copper Creek Church was organized in the area of Lee County, Virginia, which became Scott County when that county was formed in 1814. With the growth of the anti-missionary movement, the membership became sharply divided. The group supporting missions withdrew and built its own church at Nickelsville which was dedicated in 1855.
Cataloging source
Vi
Form designation
Minute book
Label
!UNKNOWN LABEL
http://library.link/vocab/branchCode
  • The Library of Virginia
Extent
1
Immediate source of acquisition
Ryland, Garnett C., Dr.
http://library.link/vocab/recordID
000493564
Reproduction note
Photostats (negative).
Type of unit
v. (88 leaves).

Library Locations

    • Library of VirginiaBorrow it
      800 East Broad Street, Richmond, VA, 23219, US
      37.5415632 -77.4360805
Processing Feedback ...