The Resource !UNKNOWN LABEL

!UNKNOWN LABEL

Label
1831-1968
Inclusive dates
1831-1968
Creator
Subject
Genre
Language
eng
Summary
Register, 1831-1968, of Cumberland Parish in Lunenburg County, Virginia, containing lists of: parishioners, 1894, 1916; baptisms, 1838-1945; confirmations, 1839-1945; communicants, 1831-1968; marriages, 1839-1941; burials, 1838-1948; church offerings, 1851-1881. This register is an updated copy of Cumberland Parish, Register of St. John's Church, 1831-1949, 1955-1956 (LVA accession 26624)
Member of
Action
  • Accessioned
  • Described
Biographical or historical data
In 1745, Lunenburg County was formed from Brunswick County, and St. Andrew’s Parish was divided to form Cumberland Parish to cover the new county. Lunenburg County and Cumberland Parish embraced a large area which was subsequently divided into a number of counties and parishes, some of which became a part of the Diocese of Southern Virginia, the remainder a part of the Diocese of Southwestern Virginia. See CUMBERLAND PARISH VESTRY BOOK, 1746-1816, by Landon C. Bell, 1930, which includes a history of the parish, description of vestry duties, sketches of ministers, genealogical notes, and a map showing the original area of the parish.
Cataloging source
Vi
Form designation
Register
Label
!UNKNOWN LABEL
http://library.link/vocab/branchCode
  • The Library of Virginia
Extent
93
Immediate source of acquisition
Roby, Alice
http://library.link/vocab/recordID
001537970
Reproduction note
Photocopies.
Type of unit
leaves.

Library Locations

    • Library of VirginiaBorrow it
      800 East Broad Street, Richmond, VA, 23219, US
      37.5415632 -77.4360805
Processing Feedback ...