The Resource !UNKNOWN LABEL

!UNKNOWN LABEL

Label
1943-1958
Inclusive dates
1943-1958
Creator
Subject
Genre
Language
eng
Summary
Two ledgers, 1943-1950 and 1950-1958, consisting of the accounts of the Women's Missionary Society of Virginia located in Richmond, Virginia. One ledger, 1943-1950, contains the monthly accounts of the organization including financial information concerning various fundraising efforts. At the back of the ledger there is also a list of dues-paying members. The second ledger, 1950-1958, contains monthly and annual accounts of the organization and also includes financial information in reference to fundraising. It also has a list of dues-paying members toward the back of the volume
Member of
Action
  • Accessioned
  • Described
Biographical or historical data
Women from five Richmond churches met on 4 April 1872 and organized the Women's Missionary Society of Virginia as the first cooperative organization of Baptist women from more than one church, south of the Potomac. The oft-affiliated Women's Missionary Union of Virginia was born in 1874 as a result of the Women's Missionary Society helping to raise money for the Chinese mission headed by Lottie Moon and her sister Edmonia Moon. While the two organizations are affiliated with the Southern Baptist Church, they are dues-paying organizations with finite consitutions and bylaws and exist apart from their respective churches.
Cataloging source
Vi
Form designation
Ledgers
Label
!UNKNOWN LABEL
http://library.link/vocab/branchCode
  • The Library of Virginia
Extent
2
Immediate source of acquisition
Crown Collectibles
http://library.link/vocab/recordID
000501920
Type of unit
v. (96 p. and 88 p.).

Library Locations

    • Library of VirginiaBorrow it
      800 East Broad Street, Richmond, VA, 23219, US
      37.5415632 -77.4360805
Processing Feedback ...