The Resource !UNKNOWN LABEL

!UNKNOWN LABEL

Label
1791-1871
Inclusive dates
1791-1871
Creator
Subject
Genre
Language
eng
Summary
Church book, 1791-1871 (bulk 1829-1871), including membership lists, 1829-1871 and minutes of board of trustees' meetings, 11 July 1791, 19 January 1796, 3 September 1805, 21 September 1827, and 24 August 1841. The meetings were held for the purpose of appointing new trustees to fill the vacancies caused by expulsion and death
Member of
Action
  • Accessioned
  • Described
Biographical or historical data
James City Chapel was built sometime between 1791 and 1797 and belonged to the Williamsburg Circuit. In 1884, the leaders of the declining congregation bought land and moved the chapel. The name was changed to Mount Vernon Methodist Church in 1887.
Cataloging source
Vi
Form designation
Church book
Location of originals duplicates
Original located at Mount Vernon United Methodist Church
Label
!UNKNOWN LABEL
http://library.link/vocab/branchCode
  • The Library of Virginia
Extent
44
Immediate source of acquisition
Traver, Jerome D.
http://library.link/vocab/recordID
000500217
Reproduction note
Photocopies.
Type of unit
leaves.

Library Locations

    • Library of VirginiaBorrow it
      800 East Broad Street, Richmond, VA, 23219, US
      37.5415632 -77.4360805
Processing Feedback ...