The Resource !UNKNOWN LABEL

!UNKNOWN LABEL

Label
1791-1930
Inclusive dates
1791-1930
Creator
Contributor
Subject
Genre
Language
  • engger
  • eng
Summary
  • Register, 1791-1930, containing baptisms, 1791-1930, written in German to ca. 1835; elections and members of council, 1876; elders and deacons, 1828-1844; and membership lists, 1828-1887 and 1888-1921, the latter list sometimes indicating dates of termination. Also contains a historical sketch begun by the Reverend James Brown, 1878, and continued by the Reverend K.Y. Umberger, 1902, and succeeding ministers, including biographical notes on the ministers who served Zion's Church, beginning with John Stanger in 1791 to M.D. Huddle in 1930. (Accession 20796)
  • Zion Church, Lutheran and Reformed, Wythe County, Records, 1791-1835. This volume is a translation and typescript of the German entries through 17 June 1835 in Accession 20796, Register, 1791-1930. Compiled by the Reverend William J. Finck, September 1934. (Accession 20855)
Member of
Action
  • Accessioned
  • Accessioned
  • Described
Biographical or historical data
Zion's Church was organized as a union church in 1791 near Cripple Creek, Wythe County, Virginia and was first called the First German Church on Cripple Creek. In 1794, the first church was built and dedicated as Zion's Church by the two ministers who served the congregation, John Stanger, Lutheran, and Jacob Repass, Reformed.
Cataloging source
Vi
Form designation
Register
Language note
In English and German
Label
!UNKNOWN LABEL
http://library.link/vocab/branchCode
  • The Library of Virginia
Extent
2
Immediate source of acquisition
  • Spence, Philip A., Mrs.
  • Finck, William J., Rev.
http://library.link/vocab/recordID
000498889
Reproduction note
photostats (negative).
Type of unit
v. (83 leaves and 49 p.).

Library Locations

    • Library of VirginiaBorrow it
      800 East Broad Street, Richmond, VA, 23219, US
      37.5415632 -77.4360805
Processing Feedback ...