The Resource !UNKNOWN LABEL

!UNKNOWN LABEL

Label
1827
Inclusive dates
1827
Creator
Subject
Genre
Language
eng
Summary
Sunday School records, 1827, including the constitution and class rolls. The organization was titled "Stephensburg Auxiliary to the Sunday School Union of Winchester Circuit."
Member of
Action
  • Accessioned
  • Described
Biographical or historical data
The first Methodist society established in the Valley of Virginia was organized at Stephensburg (renamed Stephens City in 1880), Frederick County, Virginia, about 1775 when two traveling Methodist ministers, Richard Owings and John Hagerty, preached at the home of Major Lewis Stephens. A church was built sometime in the late 1780's on land Lewis Stephens donated. In 1827 a brick church was constructed and in 1882 a new church was built. The Sunday School was established in 1817. Stephensburg Methodist Church belonged to the Winchester Circuit of the Baltimore Conference until 1891 when the circuit was divided into two charges, Stephens City and Middleton.
Cataloging source
Vi
Form designation
Sunday School records
Label
!UNKNOWN LABEL
http://library.link/vocab/branchCode
  • The Library of Virginia
Extent
18
Immediate source of acquisition
Donor information unavailable.
http://library.link/vocab/recordID
000498911
Type of unit
p.

Library Locations

    • Library of VirginiaBorrow it
      800 East Broad Street, Richmond, VA, 23219, US
      37.5415632 -77.4360805
Processing Feedback ...