The Resource !UNKNOWN LABEL

!UNKNOWN LABEL

Label
1852-1860, 1870-1886
Inclusive dates
1852-1860, 1870-1886
Creator
Subject
Genre
Language
eng
Summary
  • Includes a minute book and a plat. Accession 24475 is a minute book covering the periods from 11 September 1852 to 21 January 1860, and from 8 January 1870 to 29 January 1885. They record church meetings held quarterly, though none exist for the years 1861 to 1869. Usual church matters are recorded, as is the destruction of the church building by fire in 1878. Membership lists include a church register, 1886; members dismissed, excluded, or deceased, 1874-1877; and members, 1870
  • Accession 24189 is a plat of two lots owned by the church, dated 2 September 1854, surveyed by H. B. Littlepage
Member of
Action
  • Accessioned
  • Described
  • Accessioned
  • Described
Biographical or historical data
In the fall of 1832, a group of members of Bruington Church "peaceably withdrew" to form their own church known as Smyrna. By 1833 they had erected their own church building.
Cataloging source
Vi
Form designation
Records
Label
!UNKNOWN LABEL
http://library.link/vocab/branchCode
  • The Library of Virginia
Extent
  • 2
  • 1
Immediate source of acquisition
  • Hutchinson, J. D., Mrs.
  • Hutchinson, J. D., Mrs.
http://library.link/vocab/recordID
000497922
Reproduction note
Photostats (negative).
Type of unit
  • leaves.
  • v. (37 leaves)

Library Locations

    • Library of VirginiaBorrow it
      800 East Broad Street, Richmond, VA, 23219, US
      37.5415632 -77.4360805
Processing Feedback ...