The Resource !UNKNOWN LABEL

!UNKNOWN LABEL

Label
1849-1915
Inclusive dates
1849-1915
Creator
Subject
Genre
Language
eng
Summary
Records, 1849-1915, including a list of subscribers to the building of the church; minutes, [5] June 1853-31 December 1915, of the congregation and consistory; membership lists, 1847-1913; baptisms, 1854-1906, with birth dates back to 1824; deaths, 1852-1888, listed on one page; marriages, 1849-1888, listed on one page; and contributions. For transcriptions see, ST. JOHN'S REFORMED CHURCH, HUDSON'S CROSS ROADS, SHENANDOAH COUNTY, VIRGINIA: THE EARLY YEARS, compiled by Daniel Warrick Burruss, 1993
Member of
Action
  • Accessioned
  • Described
Biographical or historical data
St. John's Reformed congregation was organized on 6 October 1849 and shared the Lutheran Church, which had been built at Hudson's Cross Roads, Shenandoah County, Virginia in 1842. In 1851, the Reformed congregation began taking steps to erect a new church after some Lutherans expressed dissatisfaction with the sharing arrangement. The cornerstone of the new church, named St. John's Church, was laid on 5 September 1851. St. John's Church was finished in the summer of 1852 and dedicated 31 July 1852.
Cataloging source
Vi
Form designation
Records
Label
!UNKNOWN LABEL
http://library.link/vocab/branchCode
  • The Library of Virginia
Extent
1
Immediate source of acquisition
Crone, Frank L.
http://library.link/vocab/recordID
000498877
Reproduction note
Photostats (negative).
Type of unit
v. (33 leaves).

Library Locations

    • Library of VirginiaBorrow it
      800 East Broad Street, Richmond, VA, 23219, US
      37.5415632 -77.4360805
Processing Feedback ...