The Resource !UNKNOWN LABEL

!UNKNOWN LABEL

Label
1732-1946
Inclusive dates
1732-1946
Creator
Subject
Genre
Language
eng
Summary
  • Vestry book, 7 July 1732-23 May 1786. Following the vestry minutes are records of Overseers of the Poor, 1788-1798 (pages 175-202). Also available on Misc. reel 649 and Brunswick County reel 54. For a published copy see, BATH PARISH REGISTER (BIRTHS, DEATHS, & MARRIAGES) 1827-1897 OF DINWIDDIE COUNTY, VIRGINIA AND ST. ANDREW'S PARISH VESTRY BOOK, 1732-1797 OF BRUNSWICK COUNTY, VIRGINIA, by William Lindsay Hopkins, 1989. (Accession 19769)
  • Minute book, 1829-1955 is broken up between two microfilm reels. Misc. reel 1072 contains the minutes for the period 4 April 1829-5 June 1938. Misc. reel 1073 contains the minutes for the period 6 November 1938-16 June 1946, and also a collection of loose papers, including correspondence, financial records, treasurer's reports, minutes, and material relating to the Diocese of Southern Virginia. The loose papers are dated to 1955. (Accession 33352c; Misc. reels 1072-1073)
  • Parish registers, 1838-1915. Includes two registers. The first register, 1838-1891, contains a list of ministers, baptisms, communicants, marriages, funerals, confirmations, and offerings for whites and African Americans (Item 2 on Misc. reel 1073). The second register, 1894-1915, includes a history of Trinity Church, lists of families, baptisms, confirmations, communicants, marriages, and burials, and an index (Item 3 on Misc. reel 1073). The end of Misc. reel 1073 (Item 5) contains photographs of St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, 1899, 1915 and the Reverend Oatis A. Glazerbrooke, 1899. (Accession 33353; Misc. reel 1073)
Member of
Action
  • Accessioned
  • Described
  • Described
Additional physical form
also available on microfilm (Misc. Reel 649 and Brunswick County reel 54.
Biographical or historical data
St. Andrew's Parish was formed in 1720 from Bristol Parish and a small portion of Martin's Brandon Parish. The new parish was created for Brunswick County, which was formed the same year from the southern part of Prince George County. St. Andrew's Parish and Brunswick County were formally organized in 1732, after boundary lines and territorial adjustments were made between Virginia and North Carolina.
Cataloging source
Vi
Form designation
Records
Label
!UNKNOWN LABEL
http://library.link/vocab/branchCode
  • The Library of Virginia
Extent
  • 1
  • 2
Immediate source of acquisition
  • Brunswick County Clerk of Court
  • Brunswick County Clerk of Court
  • Brunswick County Clerk of Court
Materials
  • Accession 19769,
  • Accessions 33352c, 33353,
http://library.link/vocab/recordID
000491867
Reproduction note
  • Photostats (negative).
  • Microfilm.
Type of unit
  • v. (87 leaves).
  • reels.

Library Locations

    • Library of VirginiaBorrow it
      800 East Broad Street, Richmond, VA, 23219, US
      37.5415632 -77.4360805
Processing Feedback ...