The Resource !UNKNOWN LABEL

!UNKNOWN LABEL

Label
1793-1879
Inclusive dates
1793-1879
Creator
Contributor
Subject
Genre
Language
  • engger
  • eng
Summary
  • Records, 1793-1858, 1879, including baptismal records, 1793-1844, in some instances listing birth dates of the parents; confirmations and communicants, 1794-1858; and minutes, 12 April 1851, 31 May 1851, 8 June 1851 (p. 175-186), and 26 July 1879, concerning the sale of the church property owned by both congregations until that date. These records are in German until around 1820. Only the names of the ministers differentiate between the records of the two congregations. Lutheran entries seem to appear more than the Reformed entries. This volume is bound with Accession 20797b, Pine Church Register, 1757-1869. Also available on Misc. reel 1161, Item 1. The filmed copy includes a copy of the 1796 deed. (Accession 20797a)
  • Records, 1834-1844, including subscription lists relating to the repairing of Solomon's Church and pastor's salary. Available only on microfilm. (Accession 34613; Misc. reel 1161, Item 2)
  • The German Register, Solomon's Church, Lutheran and Reformed Congregations, 1793-1851, Shenandoah County, Virginia. This volume is a translation and transcription of the majority of the German entries in Accession 20797a. Also includes transcriptions of the English entries recorded among the German entries. Compiled by George M. Smith, 1968. (Accession 27142)
Member of
Action
  • Accessioned
  • Accessioned
  • Accessioned
  • Described
Biographical or historical data
Solomon's Lutheran and German Reformed Church in Shenandoah County, Virginia, was organized in 1793 as a union church. Its first members came from the already established Pine Church and Rader's Church. The original Solomon's Church was built by both congregations in 1793 and dedicated on 15 November 1795 with two ministers of each denomination participating. Henry Rausch deeded the land on which the church stood to both congregations on 13 June 1796. Solomon's Church remained a union church until 1851, when the Reformed members reorganized and formed their own church at County Line.
Cataloging source
Vi
Form designation
Records
Language note
In English and German
Label
!UNKNOWN LABEL
http://library.link/vocab/branchCode
  • The Library of Virginia
Extent
  • 1
  • 1
Immediate source of acquisition
  • Derrick, G.S., Rev.
  • Smith, George M.
  • Donor information unavailable
Materials
  • Accession 20797a,
  • Accession 27142,
http://library.link/vocab/recordID
000498885
Reproduction note
  • photostats (negative).
  • photocopies.
  • microfilm.
Type of unit
  • v. (125 leaves).
  • v. (83 leaves).

Library Locations

    • Library of VirginiaBorrow it
      800 East Broad Street, Richmond, VA, 23219, US
      37.5415632 -77.4360805
Processing Feedback ...