The Resource (microform)

(microform)

Label
1891-1928
Inclusive dates
1891-1928
Creator
Subject
Genre
Language
eng
Summary
  • Includes minutes of the Board of Deacons, a church roll, and four minute books. The minutes of the Board of Deacons cover the years 1891-1899. Meetings were held monthly. Names of those present were listed
  • The church roll covers the years 1891 to 1912. It is composed of an Alphabetical Register which is also an index and, beginning on page 33, a Chronological Register. The latter carries its own pagination. In addition to other data, some death dates are noted
  • The first volume of minutes covers the period from 29 July 1895 to 10 April 1901. They record in full the business of the church, including reports and names of members received and dismissed. Members present at each meeting are also listed. Periodically, marriages and a few deaths are entered. Members who answered the roll call are listed for two annual meetings, 3 January 1897 and 8 January 1899
  • The second volume of minutes covers the period from 7 April 1901 to 6 January 1907. Some marriages and deaths are listed
  • The third volume of minutes covers the period from 4 January 1907 to 25 November 1914. Some marriages and deaths are entered. A brief history of the Sunday School is found on page 118
  • The last volume of minutes covers the period from 6 January 1915 to 28 December 1927. The minutes are typed and quite lengthy. There are many committee reports. Occasionally, there are changes in membership lists which are entered, recording names of members received, dropped, dismissed, etc. A brief history of the church begins on page 156. The date 11 January 1928 is supplied for the annual report of the preceding year. Records for 1928 are not included in this volume
Member of
Action
  • Accessioned
  • Described
Biographical or historical data
This church, begun as a small group in 1887, was formally organized as West View Baptist Church in 1891. On 6 January 1907, the name was changed to Tabernacle Baptist Church. For more information see, THE FIRST HUNDRED YEARS: A HISTORY OF THE TABERNACLE BAPTIST CHURCH OF RICHMOND, VIRGINIA, by Margaret Hickserson Emery, 1991.
Cataloging source
Vi
Form designation
Records
Label
(microform)
http://library.link/vocab/branchCode
  • The Library of Virginia
Color
black and white
Dimensions
35mm.
Emulsion on film
vesicular
Extent
1
Generation
unknown
Immediate source of acquisition
Thomas, Eudora Elizabeth
Positive negative aspect
negative
http://library.link/vocab/recordID
000493496
http://bibfra.me/vocab/marc/reductionRatio
b
ReductionRatioRange
unknown
Reproduction note
Microfilm.
Specific material designation
microfilm reel
Type of unit
reel.

Library Locations

    • Library of VirginiaBorrow it
      800 East Broad Street, Richmond, VA, 23219, US
      37.5415632 -77.4360805
Processing Feedback ...