The Resource (microform)

(microform)

Label
1833-1959
Inclusive dates
1833-1959
Creator
Subject
Genre
Language
eng
Summary
  • Register, 1833-1888, and Vestry book, 1839-1870. Register contains baptisms, burials, marriages, communicants, and confirmations. Also includes sentence of consecration for Mapsico Church. Vestry book contains minutes covering the period from 2 October 1839-April 1861 and April 1866-1 May 1870. The original register and vestry were bound together, inverted and reversed. Accession 28424a is the manuscript copy of this volume. Also available in photostats (Accession 27199). Item 1 and 2 on Misc. reel 449
  • Vestry book, 2 February 1873-3 October 1936. Includes the administrative records of two churches: Westover Church and Mapsico Church. Grace Chapel was added later. Accession 28424c is the manuscript copy of this volume. Item 3 on Misc. reel 449
  • Register, 1884-1949, containing families, baptisms, confirmations, communicants, marriages, burials, offerings, and an index. Accession 28424b is the manuscript copy of this volume. Item 4 on Misc. reel 449
  • Vestry book, 4 January 1937-3 December 1959. Includes detailed records of the actions of the vestry in administering the affairs of three churches. Also contains list of places of vestry meetings, 1937-1959. Accession 28424d is the manuscript copy of this volume. Item 5 on Misc. reel 449
  • Financial records, 1867-[1901], including church accounts, treasurers' reports, and list of subscribers to the various funds. Accession 28424e is the manuscript copy of this volume. Item 6 on Misc. reel 449
Member of
Action
  • Accessioned
  • Accessioned
  • Described
Additional physical form
also available in photostats (Accession 27199).
Biographical or historical data
Westover Parish, established around 1625, was derived from the early Charles City Parish and embraced the westernmost portion of Charles City County on the north side of the James River, as well as territory across the river. After a series of merging of plantation parishes and changing boundary lines, Westover Parish lost all of its southside territory to Martin's Brandon Parish in 1720. In 1725, however, Westover Parish became coterminous with Charles City County on the north side and has remained so since. From October 1839 to September 1853, the Reverend William T. Leavell served as minister. For more information see, WESTOVER CHURCH AND ITS ENVIRONS, by Caroline Kirkland Ruffin Saunders, 1937.
Cataloging source
Vi
Form designation
Records
Label
(microform)
Base of film
unknown
http://library.link/vocab/branchCode
  • The Library of Virginia
Dimensions
35mm.
Extent
1
Generation
service copy
Immediate source of acquisition
  • Harris, Russell B.
  • Harris, Russell B.
Positive negative aspect
negative
http://library.link/vocab/recordID
000496028
http://bibfra.me/vocab/marc/reductionRatio
-
ReductionRatioRange
unknown
Reproduction note
Microfilm.
Specific material designation
microfilm reel
Type of unit
reel.

Library Locations

    • Library of VirginiaBorrow it
      800 East Broad Street, Richmond, VA, 23219, US
      37.5415632 -77.4360805
Processing Feedback ...