The Resource (microform)

(microform)

Label
1868-1984
Inclusive dates
1868-1984
Creator
Subject
Genre
Language
engger
Summary
  • Record book, 1868-1881, of the Evangelical Lutheran congregation of Pine Church. Includes communicants, 1868-1881; baptisms, 1868-1872, giving birth dates, and names of children and parents; confirmations, 1869-1871; and minutes of a meeting held 25 December 1876. (Item 2 on Misc. reel 1145)
  • Record book, 1871-1958, containing lists of pastors, church officers, and members; baptisms, 1871-1947, giving birth dates, and names of parents; marriages, 1882-1956, giving places of residence; burials, 1868-1956, giving names death dates, ages, and places of burial; communion seasons; and a diary of important events for the congregation, November 1939-13 July 1949. (Item 3 on Misc. reel 1145)
  • Council meetings, 1935-1941, including minutes that cover the period, 1 October 1935-13 September 1941; pledges and receipts for "God's Acre Plan," 1938; and contributions for a parish house. (Item 4 on Misc. reel 1145)
  • Record book, 1931-[1932?], including accounts, pledges, and financial records. (Item 5 on Misc. reel 1145)
  • Records, 1944-1948, containing pledges and contributions. (Item 6 on Misc. reel 1145)
  • Register, 1934-1983, containing pastors, 1855-1981; church council members, 1957-1983; roll of members, 1934-1982; roll of child members, 1947-1982; record of communions, 1957-1982, recording only numbers; baptisms, 1957-1982; confirmations, 1957-1982; marriages, 1957-1982; funerals, 1957-1982; and annual summaries (statistics). (Item 7 on Misc. reel 1145)
  • Deeds, 1 February 1873, 3 March 1873, and 9 July 1873, for church property. (Item 8 on Misc. reel 1145)
Member of
Action
  • Accessioned
  • Described
Biographical or historical data
St. Mary's Pine Lutheran Church was established in 1873 when the Lutheran and Reformed congregations of the union church of Pine Lutheran and German Reformed Church decided to separate by mutual consent. The original union church, known as Old Pine Church, was replaced by another union church in 1783. In 1787, John Pennywitt, a French Huguenot who became a member of the Reformed congregation, granted both congregations title to the church property. These congregations shared the same building until 1873 when the union dissolved and each congregation erected its own church. The Lutherans dedicated St. Mary's Pine Lutheran Church on 1 November 1873.
Cataloging source
Vi
Form designation
Records
Language note
In English and German
Label
(microform)
http://library.link/vocab/branchCode
  • The Library of Virginia
Dimensions
35mm.
Emulsion on film
vesicular
Extent
1
Generation
unknown
Immediate source of acquisition
Donor information unavailable.
Positive negative aspect
positive
http://library.link/vocab/recordID
000491722
http://bibfra.me/vocab/marc/reductionRatio
b
ReductionRatioRange
unknown
Reproduction note
Microfilm.
Specific material designation
microfilm reel
Type of unit
reel.

Library Locations

    • Library of VirginiaBorrow it
      800 East Broad Street, Richmond, VA, 23219, US
      37.5415632 -77.4360805
Processing Feedback ...