The Resource (microform)

(microform)

Label
1782-1976
Inclusive dates
1782-1976
Creator
Contributor
Subject
Genre
Language
eng
Summary
Includes 1) vestry books, 1869-1976, containing minutes, as well as a history of Frederick Parish, information on locating the remains and re-interment of Thomas Lord Fairfax, financial reports, committee reports, and correspondence; 2) registers, 1825-1976, containing lists of communicants, baptisms, confirmations, marriages, and burials. There is also a list of communicants for St. Thomas Parish (Frederick County, Va.) for 1843. The register for 1891-1905 is a private record kept by Rev. William D. Smith. Also included is a register for St. Stephen's Church (Frederick County, Va.) covering the years 1905 to 1960; 3) marriage registers, 1920-1975; 4) registers of church services, 1946-1964, containing a record of services including the number of people present, time, place, and celebrant; 5) communicants, 1911-1920; 6) journal of Rev. Alexander Balmain, 1782-1820, which records slave births, fees for marriages, subscription lists, baptisms, confirmations, funerals, accounts, correspondence, sermons, prayers, anecdotes, and information on the death and funeral of George Washington; 7) account book of the Auxiliary Colonization Society of Frederick County, 1818-1843; 8) building accounts of John Bruce, 1828-1833, the builder of Christ Church; 9) convention journal of the Diocese of Virginia which was held at Christ Church in 1847; 10) cash book of Henry Baetjer and Co., 1865-1867; 11) treasurer's book, 1904-1907, 1947; and 12) St. Thomas Church (Frederick County, Va.) papers, 1961, 1966-1967, containing information on the transfer of the church to the trustees of Christ Church
Member of
Action
  • Accessioned
  • Described
Biographical or historical data
Frederick Parish was created in 1738 by an act of the Virginia House of Burgesses and Council and was the first parish organized in the colony west of the Blue Ridge. The present building of Christ Episcopal Church was designed by Robert Mills and was constructed in 1828.
Cataloging source
Vi
Form designation
Records
Label
(microform)
Base of film
unknown
http://library.link/vocab/branchCode
  • The Library of Virginia
Dimensions
35mm.
Extent
8
Generation
service copy
Immediate source of acquisition
Christ Episcopal Church
Organization method
MISC. REEL 815: Vestry Books, 1869-1939; MISC. REEL 816: Vestry Book, 1940-1949; MISC. REEL 817: Vestry Books, 1950-1969; MISC. REEL 818: Vestry Books, 1970-1976; MISC. REEL 819: Registers, 1825-1865, 1871-1896, 1876-1887, 1891-1905. and Register of St. Stephen's Church (Frederick County, Va.), 1905-1960; MISC. REEL 820: Registers, 1887-1976, and Marriage Registers, 1920-1975; MISC. REEL 821: Registers of Church Services, 1946-1964; Communicants, 1911-1920; Journal of Rev. Alexander Balmain, 1782-1920; Account Book of the Auxiliary Colonization Society of Frederick County, 1818-1843; Account Book and Building Account of John Bruce, 1828-1833; Convention Journal, 1847; MISC. REEL 822: Cash Book of Henry Baetjer and Co., 1865-1867; Treasurer's Book, 1904-1907, 1947; and Papers of St. Thomas Church (Frederick County, Va.), 1961, 1966-1967.
Positive negative aspect
negative
http://library.link/vocab/recordID
000496403
http://bibfra.me/vocab/marc/reductionRatio
-
ReductionRatioRange
unknown
Reproduction note
Microfilm.
Specific material designation
microfilm reel
Type of unit
reels.

Library Locations

    • Library of VirginiaBorrow it
      800 East Broad Street, Richmond, VA, 23219, US
      37.5415632 -77.4360805
Processing Feedback ...