The Resource (microform)

(microform)

Label
1824-1945
Inclusive dates
1824-1945
Creator
Subject
Genre
Language
eng
Summary
  • Record book, 1840-1858, is a parish register for Russell Parish and Hamner Parish, which was formed from Russell in 1846, including lists of rectors of Russell Parish, 1824-1845, and of St. Stephen's Church, 1846-1858, and listing of communicants, deaths, baptisms, marriages, funerals, and offerings. (Accession 28576h; Misc. reel 512, no. 8)
  • St. Stephen's Church register, 1824-1945, containing historical reminiscences, 1824-1945; marriages, 1824-1910; baptisms, 1825-1909; confirmations, 1842-post 1913; communicants, 1835-1915; funerals, 1826-1915; offerings, 1828-1905; reports to conventions, 1839-1859; and a list of families attached to the parish in 1853 with supplemental remarks to 1876. Some of these records appear in Reverend Nicholas Hamner Cobb's Record Book, 1824-1839 (Acc. 20085) and Hamner Parish Record Book, 1840-1858 (Acc. 20086). This register was commenced in 1853 by the Reverend Richard H. Wilmer. Records prior to 1853 were transcribed from parochial records left by previous ministers. These earlier records were located in different volumes and irregularly arranged. When transcribing the material Wilmer arranged and classified it under appropriate headings. (Accession 29955; Misc. reel 360 and Accession 28576m; Misc. reel 512, no. 13)
  • St. Stephen's Church vestry book, 13 April 1846-6 January 1872. Minutes begin with the vestry's plea for a division of Russell Parish, and the choice of the name Hamner Parish as a tribute to Nicholas Hamner Cobb, former rector. (Accession 29943; Misc. reel 358 and Accession 28576n; Misc. reel 512, no. 14)
  • St. Stephen's Church vestry book, 31 March 1872-26 March 1911. Filed at the end of this volume are several loose items dating to 1923, including letters of transfer, some birth records, and miscellaneous data related to the parish. (Accession 29954; Misc. reel 359 and Accession 28576o; Misc. reel 512, no. 15)
  • St. Stephen's Church marriages, 1824-1910, containing the marriage records found in the St. Stephen's Church Register, 1824-1945 described above. These marriage records are not available on microfilm. (Accession 29696)
Member of
Action
  • Accessioned
  • Accessioned
  • Accessioned
  • Accessioned
  • Described
Additional physical form
also available as photostat (Accession 20086)
Biographical or historical data
Hamner Parish was formed from Russell Parish in 1846. St. Stephen's Church is located in Hamner Parish.
Cataloging source
Vi
Form designation
Records
Label
(microform)
Note
Accessions 28576h and 28576m-o are on reel with other Bedford County Episcopal Church Records (Accessions 28576a-g, 28576i-k)
Base of film
unknown
http://library.link/vocab/branchCode
  • The Library of Virginia
Dimensions
35mm.
Extent
  • 4
  • 12
  • 4
Generation
service copy
Immediate source of acquisition
  • Hutter, Mrs. C.S.
  • Patterson, Helen S.
  • Donor information unavailable
  • Gish, Elizabeth
Positive negative aspect
negative
http://library.link/vocab/recordID
000495985
http://bibfra.me/vocab/marc/reductionRatio
-
ReductionRatioRange
unknown
Reproduction note
  • Microfilm.
  • Photocopies.
  • Photostats (negative).
Specific material designation
microfilm reel
Type of unit
  • v.
  • items.
  • reels.

Library Locations

    • Library of VirginiaBorrow it
      800 East Broad Street, Richmond, VA, 23219, US
      37.5415632 -77.4360805
Processing Feedback ...