The Resource (microform)

(microform)

Label
1793-1982
Inclusive dates
1793-1982
Creator
Subject
Genre
Language
engger
Summary
  • Register, 1793-1981, containing pastors, 1793-1981; church officers, 1928-1958; church members, 1893-1957; baptisms, 1882-1971, marriages, 1918-1956; burials, 1925-1957, including death dates; communion seasons, 1882-1956; and record of interesting and important events of the church, 1931-1939. (Item 3 on Misc. reel 1161)
  • Parish register, 1926-1982, contains pastors, 1955-1981; church council, 1954-1982; roll of members, 1937-1981; roll of child members, 1945-1982; record of communions, 1957-1982; baptisms, 1957-1982, including birth dates; confirmations, 1958-1979; marriages, 1959-1981; funerals, 1957-1982, including death dates; annual summaries; a history of Solomon's Church including list of pastors; and historical events of the church. (Item 4 on Misc. reel 1161)
  • Minutes, 13 January 1965-12 August 1981, of council and congregational meetings. Includes church constitution adopted 9 January 1966. (Item 5 on Misc. reel 1161)
Member of
Action
  • Accessioned
  • Described
Biographical or historical data
Solomon's Evangelical Lutheran Church was originally a union church called Solomon's Lutheran and German Reformed Church that was organized in 1793. Its first members came from the already established Pine Church and Rader's Church. The original Solomon's Church was built by both congregations in 1793 and dedicated on 15 November 1795 with two ministers of each denomination participating. Henry Rausch deeded the land on which the church stood to both congregations on 13 June 1796. Solomon's Church remained a union church until 1851, when the Reformed members reorganized and formed their own church at County Line. The Lutherans continued to use the old church until 1876 when a new church was built. On 16 July 1879, the original church and land was sold at auction and a part of the proceeds went to the previously separated German Reformed congregation. After this date, the Lutherans became sole owner of the land on which the new Solomon's Church stood.
Cataloging source
Vi
Form designation
Records
Location of other archival material
Associated material: Solomon's Lutheran and German Reformed Church Records, 1793-1879 (Accession 20797a and Accession 27142).
Label
(microform)
Note
Located on Miscellaneous reel 1161 with records from Solomon's Lutheran and German Reformed Church (Shenandoah County, Va.)
http://library.link/vocab/branchCode
  • The Library of Virginia
Color
one color
Dimensions
35mm.
Emulsion on film
vesicular
Extent
1
Generation
unknown
Immediate source of acquisition
Donor information unavailable
Positive negative aspect
positive
http://library.link/vocab/recordID
000492064
http://bibfra.me/vocab/marc/reductionRatio
b
ReductionRatioRange
unknown
Reproduction note
Microfilm.
Specific material designation
microfilm reel
Type of unit
reel.

Library Locations

    • Library of VirginiaBorrow it
      800 East Broad Street, Richmond, VA, 23219, US
      37.5415632 -77.4360805
Processing Feedback ...