The Resource 1858 Dec. 14
- 1858 Dec. 14
- Inclusive dates
- 1858 Dec. 14
- Chancery causes -- Virginia | Washington County
- Equity. -- Virginia | Washington County
- Washington County (Va.)
- Washington County (Va.) -- Genealogy
- Estates (Law) -- Virginia | Washington County
- Judicial records -- Virginia | Washington County
- Reports -- Virginia | Washington County
- Slavery -- History -- Washington County (Va.) | 19th century
- Local government records -- Virginia | Washington County
- Washington County (Va.) -- History
- Washington County (Va.) Commissioners' Report, 1858 Dec. 14. This document is a commissioners' report from an unidentified Washington County chancery cause. It contains the court-appointed commissioners' valuation of the slaves in the estate of James E. Sathim and their recommendation for the division of this property among Sathim's heirs
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Circuit Court (Washington County). Browse search: Washington County (Va.) Circuit Court.
- Member of
- Biographical or historical data
- Chancery Causes are cases of equity. According to Black's Law Dictionary they are "administered according to fairness as contrasted with the strictly formulated rules of common law." A judge, not a jury, determines the outcome of the case.
- Washington County is the first locality in the United States known to have been named for George Washington. It was formed from Fincastle County in 1776, and a part of Montgomery County was added later.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Washington County (Va.) Commissioners' Report
- Location of other archival material
- Additional Washington County Court Records can be found on microfilm at The Library of Virginia web site. Consult "A Guide to Virginia County and City Records on Microfilm."
ContextContext of 1858 Dec. 14
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1858 Dec. 14
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/-Egfrt67yi0/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/-Egfrt67yi0/">1858 Dec. 14</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...