The Resource Web site of the Virginia Secretary of Education, 2005-2006
- Web site of the Virginia Secretary of Education, 2005-2006
- Inclusive dates
- Title variation
- Governor Mark R. Warner Administration Web Archive
- In the fall of 2005, the Library of Virginia was one of several cultural heritage institutions that participated in a pilot project with the Internet Archive to develop and refine a tool to collect, preserve, and provide access to Web sites that meet institutional collection policies and are considered to be of enduring value. This tool is called Archive-It
- Spurred on by our mission to preserve and make accessible in perpetuity the Web heritage of each Virginia governor, the Library as part of its pilot project archived the Web-based materials for the administration of Governor Mark R. Warner. The Library also expanded its collection parameters for the project to include the campaign Web sites related to Virginia's state-wide elections taking place in the fall of 2005. This included the sites of the candidates for Governor, Lieutenant Governor and Attorney General, as well as related political party sites and several political blogs. Additional collections highlighting two state-wide projects, the Jamestown 2007 observance and the renovation of Capitol Square in Richmond, are also available
- Beginning on 20 September 2005, the Secretary of Education's Web site was captured weekly during the last four months of Governor Warner's Administration
- Secretary of Education provides a link to News Releases (not archived), biographical information on Peter Blake and staff and contact information
- Education Initiatives provides a link to Bond Projects, Governor's Higher Education Summit, Advisory Commission for Higher Education Board Appointments, Governor's PASS Initiative, and Virginia Career Education Foundation
- Education Agencies provides a link to K through 12, Higher Education, Museums and Libraries, and Boards and Commissions
- Links under the Standards of Learning and College Tuition categories were not archived
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Secretary of Education. (Search Virginia Secretary of Education as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- On 17 December 2001, Governor-elect Mark R. Warner named Dr. Belle S. Wheelan as Secretary of Education. Since 1998 Wheelan had served as President of Northern Virginia Community College. Wheelan also served as President of Central Virginia Community College in Lynchburg, Provost of the Portsmouth campus of Tidewater Community College, Dean of Student Services at Thomas Nelson Community College in Hampton, and Director of Developmental Education and Director of Academic Support Services at San Antonio College in Texas. Wheelan served until June 2005 when she became president of the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. She was succeeded by her deputy, Peter Blake. Blake served until the end of the Warner administration in January 2006.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of Web site of the Virginia Secretary of Education, 2005-2006
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Web site of the Virginia Secretary of Education, 2005-2006
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/-OoggFwBlrI/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/-OoggFwBlrI/">Web site of the Virginia Secretary of Education, 2005-2006</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...