The Resource 1865-1867
- Inclusive dates
- Lash, Elizabeth M, b. ca. 1820
- Personal papers -- Virginia | Page County
- Page County (Va.) -- Economic conditions
- Robertson, James Chatham, 1818-1875.
- Farms -- Virginia
- Sheriffs. -- Virginia | Page County
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) -- Virginia | Page County
- Crops -- Virginia | Page County
- Page County (Va.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- Farms. -- Virginia | Page County
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) -- United States
- Letters (correspondence)
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) -- Virginia
- Virginia -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- African Americans -- Virginia
- Virginia -- Economic conditions
- Letters, 1865-1867, from James C. Robertson (1818-1875) of Page County, Virginia, to his sister Elizabeth M. Robertson Lash (b. ca. 1820) of Mount Pleasant, Henry County, Iowa, discussing the economic and social conditions in Virginia and Page County as a result of the Civil War and Reconstruction, the new status of freed slaves in Virginia, the condition farms and crops in Page County and in Virginia, his position as sheriff of Page County; and family news. Robertson states that land can be bought cheap in eastern Virginia; and complains about radical newspapers and northern leaders still attacking the South and preventing reconciliation, mentioning the MT. PLEASANT HOME JOURNAL of Mt. Pleasant, Iowa, by name. He comments on the conditions for Virginia's reentry into the Union and the upcoming state constitutional convention
- Cellulose acetate lamination.
- Biographical or historical data
- James Chatham Robertson was born 19 April 1818. He was a farmer and a school teacher in Page County. He also served as sheriff and a justice for the county. He and his wife Sarah A. Robertson (b. 1817) had at least one child. Robertson died 7 December 1875.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
ContextContext of 1865-1867
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1865-1867
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/-Y_QfV-vwxc/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/-Y_QfV-vwxc/">1865-1867</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...