The Resource 1801 January 5
- 1801 January 5
- Inclusive dates
- 1801 January 5
- Title variation
- Executive Communications
- Virginia Penitentiary
- Richmond (Va.) -- Buildings, structures, etc
- Virginia -- Appropriations and expenditures -- 19th century
- Virginia -- Politics and government -- 1776-1865
- State government records -- Virginia
- Prisons -- Virginia | Richmond -- Design and construction
- Weapons industry -- Virginia -- Buildings
- Clarke, John, 1766-1844
- Letters (correspondence) -- Virginia
- Contains a letter from Governor James Monroe, Richmond, to [Larkin Smith, Speaker of the House of Delegates], enclosing a report of [John Clarke], Superintendent of the public buildings in Richmond on the sums necessary to complete the buildings and to defray the costs for the Manufactory of Arms. The Governor also writes that he encloses an estimate of certain expenditures in the Penitentiary and a statement of the sum necessary for the support of the Guard raised for the protection of the public property for one year (enclosures not included). The Governor suggests the appointment of a physician for the Guard and a provision for the performance of the duties of paymaster & clothier
- Forms part of the General Assembly, House of Delegates, Speaker, Executive communications collection.
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia General Assembly, House of Delegates, Speaker. (Search Virginia General Assembly House of Delegates as author).
- Additional physical form
- Also available on microfilm
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
- Form designation
ContextContext of 1801 January 5
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1801 January 5
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/-l43dcV7lnY/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/-l43dcV7lnY/">1801 January 5</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...