The Resource 1973-1976
- Inclusive dates
- Personal papers -- Pennsylvania | Philadelphia
- Goolsby, Katherine
- United States
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- Allam, Mark Whittier, 1908-1998
- Cattle -- Virginia
- Virginia -- History -- 1969-
- Virginia Veterinarian
- Hahn, T. Marshall
- Letters (correspondence)
- Veterinary medicince -- Vocational guidance -- Virginia
- Veterinary medicine -- Study and teaching -- Virginia
- Veterinarians -- Legal status, laws, etc. -- Virginia
- Horses -- Virginia
- Papers, 1973-1976, of Dr. Mark W. Allam, professor at the New Bolton Center, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, and member of the Virginia Medical School Study Commission consisting of estimates, May 1973, of cattle in Virginia counties from the Virginia Crop Reporting Service; an article, Summer 1973, from VIRGINIA VETERINARIAN concerning efforts to establish a veterinary school; study, August 1973, conducted by Virginia Tech concerning the establishment of a veterinary school; meeting agenda, 11 September 1973, for the commission, including report on horse vaccinations; meeting agenda, 12 November 1973, for the commission, including a proposed timetable for veterinary school; statements, 15 October and 3 December 1973, to the commission by T. Marshall Hahn, President of Virginia Tech; a letter, 3 February 1976, from Mark W. Allam to Katherine Goolsby concerning the final report of the commission; a paper, n.d., on education for Virginia residents in veterinary medicine; and a letter, n.d., from F. J. Mulhern of the United States Department of Agriculture, Animal and Plant Health Service, to T. Marshall Hahn, President of Virginia Tech, concerning establishment of a veterinary school
- Biographical or historical data
- Mark Whittier Allam was born 17 August 1908 near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He graduated from Media High School in 1927 and entered the University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine, graduating from there in 1932. He practiced veterinary medicine, then joined the faculty at the University of Pennsylvania in 1945. Allam was appointed dean of the veterinary medicine school in 1953 and over the next twenty-one years, oversaw its growth into one of the most successful in the country. He retired in 1973. Allam served on the Virginia Veterinarly Medical School Study Commission in the 1970s. He and his wife Lisa Griswold Allam had two daughters. Allam died in Swathmore, Pennsylvania, 28 April 1998.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Location of other archival material
- William H. Moss, Sr., Papers, 1971-1976 (LVA accession 30211).
- Alexander B. McMurtrie, Jr., Papers, 1978 (LVA accession 30212).
ContextContext of 1973-1976
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1973-1976
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/-nUw2detZjE/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/-nUw2detZjE/">1973-1976</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...