The Resource Liquor license returns, ca. 1880
- Liquor license returns, ca. 1880
- Inclusive dates
- ca. 1880
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Administration of State Government: Revenue Assessment and Collection - Liquor Sales Taxes
- This series consists of printed blank forms for liquor license returns
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) (Search as Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928))
- Biographical or historical data
- On 30 March 1877 the General Assembly passed an act requiring licenses for the sale of liquor. Commissioners of revenue recorded amounts of liquor sold and reported them to the auditor of public accounts. The Moffett Register, a mechanical device for tallying sales of ardent spirits, malt liquor and wine, was adopted as the official register of liquor sold until 1880.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 580
- Citation source
- Auditor of Public Accounts inventory
ContextContext of Liquor license returns, ca. 1880
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Liquor license returns, ca. 1880
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/-sFNWdCNU8M/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/-sFNWdCNU8M/">Liquor license returns, ca. 1880</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...