The Resource 1833-1887
- Inclusive dates
- Papers, 1833-1887, of Peyton Johnston (1810-1887) of Richmond, Virginia, consisting of mainly letters received from his siblings in Ireland. Portions of the letters are difficult to read
- Biographical or historical data
- Peyton Johnston was born in Ballymahon, County Longford, Ireland on 16 December 1810. He emigrated to the United States and settled in Richmond, Virginia where he became a wholesale druggist. He married Ann M. Macon (1820-1900) of Hanover County on 16 February 1843. Johnston died in Richmond on 2 February 1887.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Funding information
- Filming funded by The Library of Virginia Foundation with the support of The Roller-Bottimore Foundation and The Robins Foundation.
- Location of originals duplicates
- The Huntington Library;
ContextContext of 1833-1887
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1833-1887
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/03r9eCJMyLM/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/03r9eCJMyLM/">1833-1887</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...