The Resource 1794-1873
- Inclusive dates
- Includes four minute books in four separate accessions. The first volume covers the period from May 1794 to August 1799. This brief volume was badly fragmented and entries for the earliest dates are illegible. No membership lists are included. Financial records follow the minutes. Pages 1-4 contain a copy of "The Baptist Covenant of 1770" (Accession 25987)
- The second volume covers the period from January 1800 to June 1835. Incomplete membership lists appear on pages 2-5 (Accession 26166)
- The third volume covers the period from July 1835 to June 1853. It includes attendance records, 1841-1853 (male members). Membership lists appear on pages 111-117, 135-137, and 147 (Accession 25988)
- The fourth volume covers the period from July 1853 to December 1873. There are many attendance records for the period 1853-1869. A plat of the church land held in December 1868 appears on page 122 (Accession 26037)
- Biographical or historical data
- Constituted in 1774 as Liles Church. In 1795 the spelling was changed to Lyles. For more information see, LYLES BAPTIST CHURCH, 1774-1974, FLUVANNA COUNTY, VIRGINIA, by A. Paul Thompson, 1974.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Minute books
ContextContext of 1794-1873
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1794-1873
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/0IYEWA4coj8/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/0IYEWA4coj8/">1794-1873</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...