The Resource Helen C. Clarke Collection of Richmond Theatre Guild Records, 1935-1950
- Helen C. Clarke Collection of Richmond Theatre Guild Records, 1935-1950
- Inclusive dates
- Theater -- History -- 20th century
- Yarborough, Bertram
- Theater -- Virginia | Richmond
- Richmond (Va.) -- History -- 20th century
- Personal papers
- Actors. -- Virginia
- Theater programs -- Virginia | Richmond
- Virginia -- History -- 20th century
- Richmond Theatre Guild (Richmond, Va.)
- Letters (correspondence)
- Theater management -- Virginia | Richmond
- Theater. -- Production and direction -- Virginia
- Clarke, Helen C, 1894-1967
- The Helen C. Clarke Collection of Richmond Theatre Guild Records, 1935-1950, contain annual reports and financial statements, cash book, clippings, correspondence, histories, membership information, minutes, newsletters, photographs, programs, publicity information, and reviews. These records were collected by Helen C. Clarke, executive secretary and business manager of the Richmond Theatre Guild
- Biographical or historical data
- Helen Caroline Mattson Clarke (1894-1967) was married to Joseph Calvitt Clarke (1887-1970) of Chesterfield, Virginia, and served as business manager and secretary for the Richmond Theatre Guild.
- The Richmond Theatre Guild, the successor to the Little Theatre League, was formally organized on 25 October 1935 in Richmond, Virginia. Bertram Yarborough served as Director, John M. Taylor Jr., President; Stuart Bryan, First Vice President; Mrs. David E. Satterfield Jr., Second Vice President; Helen Clarke, Executive Secretary; and Robert I. Boswell, Treasurer. The first production was "Fly Away Home," in December 1935. The theatre headquarters were established at 209 West Broad Street at the Lyric Theatre in Richmond. In 1939 Robert E. Prettyman took over as Director and the theatre moved its productions to the Mosque. It is unknown when the Richmond Theatre Guild ceased operations.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of Helen C. Clarke Collection of Richmond Theatre Guild Records, 1935-1950
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Helen C. Clarke Collection of Richmond Theatre Guild Records, 1935-1950
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/0Ixtvvm3dgE/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/0Ixtvvm3dgE/">Helen C. Clarke Collection of Richmond Theatre Guild Records, 1935-1950</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...