The Resource New Creek and Hardy Turnpike Company records, 1850-1856
- New Creek and Hardy Turnpike Company records, 1850-1856
- Inclusive dates
- These records contain letters sent, reports, lists of stockholders and certificates of stock subscriptions, for the years 1850-1853, 1855-1856
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Board of Public Works (search author as Virginia Board of Public Works)
- Biographical or historical data
- An act of the General Assembly passed February 25, 1850 approved incorporation of the New Creek and Hardy Turnpike Company, to construct a turnpike from some point on the Moorefield and Alleghany Turnpike road, at or near the house of Solomon Michael in Hardy County, by way of New Creek, to the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad at or near Paddytown in Hampshire County. Joint capital stock was limited to $10,000, with the Board of Public Works subscribing to $6,000.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 341
- Citation source
- Board of Public Works inventory
ContextContext of New Creek and Hardy Turnpike Company records, 1850-1856
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work New Creek and Hardy Turnpike Company records, 1850-1856
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/0aukIDjjkxA/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/0aukIDjjkxA/">New Creek and Hardy Turnpike Company records, 1850-1856</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...