The Resource Fresh Air Fund worksheets, 1957-1994
- Fresh Air Fund worksheets, 1957-1994
- Inclusive dates
- Friendly Town Committee Worksheets, 1957-1994, of the Fresh Air Fund, Virginia and West Virginia Chapters. The worksheets include the names of the towns, committee members, newspapers and tv stations in the area, and dates of arrival and return of the visiting children
- Biographical or historical data
- The Fresh Air Fund was established in 1877 by the Reverend Willard Parsons, minister of a small rural Presbyterian parish in Sherman, Pennsylvania. Parsons organized members of his congregation to provide country vacations for children from New York City tenements. Starting in 1882, the NEW YORK TRIBUNE began sponsoring the Fresh Air Fund.
- The Fund is made up of Fresh Air children and Friendly Town host families. The children are from low-income families, with the majority receiving some form of public assistance. Friendly Town host families are volunteers who live in suburban communities and small towns. The children stay for a two-week period with the host families during the summer. Since 1877, the Fresh Air Fund has sent more than 1.6 million disadvantaged New York City children to visit with volunteer host families in Friendly Towns in the 13 Northeastern seabord states and Canada.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of Fresh Air Fund worksheets, 1957-1994
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Fresh Air Fund worksheets, 1957-1994
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/1Pk5NvENjnA/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/1Pk5NvENjnA/">Fresh Air Fund worksheets, 1957-1994</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...