The Resource Fairfax County (Va.) County Court Minute Book, 1749-1751
- Fairfax County (Va.) County Court Minute Book, 1749-1751
- Inclusive dates
- Fairfax County (Va.)
- Minute books -- Virginia | Fairfax County
- County officials and employees -- Virginia | Fairfax County
- Local government records -- Virginia | Fairfax County
- Public records -- Virginia | Fairfax County
- Judicial records -- Virginia | Fairfax County
- Fairfax County (Va.) -- History -- 18th century
- Fairfax County (Va.) County Court Minute Book, 1749-1751, along with closely related court records such as order books, records all matters brought before the court when it was in session and may contain important information not found anywhere else. Generally minute books contain brief entries as they were the clerk of court's rough draft that would later be transcribed into an order book. A locality's loose papers are the raw materials from which this type of book was created. Like order books, a wide variety of information is found in its pages including: appointments of county officers, appointments of guardians and administrators, records of legal disputes heard before the court, recordation of deeds and wills, estate settlements, wolf bounties, licenses for ordinary keepers, road surveys, and matters related to the fiscal management of the court
- Member of
- Biographical or historical data
- Fairfax County was named for Thomas Fairfax, sixth baron Fairfax of Cameron, proprietor of the Northern Neck. It was formed from Prince William County in 1742.
- Original wills and deeds as well as many other loose papers were destroyed during the Civil War; deed books for twenty-six of the fifty-six years between 1763 and 1819 are missing. Numerous pre–Civil War minute books are missing as well.
- Cataloging source
- Location of other archival material
- Fairfax County is one of Virginia's Lost Records Localities. Additional Fairfax County Court Records may be found in the Virginia Lost Records Localities Digital Collection.
ContextContext of Fairfax County (Va.) County Court Minute Book, 1749-1751
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Fairfax County (Va.) County Court Minute Book, 1749-1751
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/1RJprLkZcBw/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/1RJprLkZcBw/">Fairfax County (Va.) County Court Minute Book, 1749-1751</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...