The Resource J. Farmer Physician Ledger, 1867-1898
- J. Farmer Physician Ledger, 1867-1898
- Inclusive dates
- J. Farmer Physician Ledger, 1867-1898, records the accounts of individual patients. Entries are arranged in chronological order under the individual account name. Each entry includes the date, type of transaction, and the monies debited and credited. Each entry documents the name of the patient treated by listing self for the account holder, wife, child, or the patient's first name. Transactions include services rendered such as examinations, extraction of teeth, dressing wounds, and setting broken bones. Medicine purchases are also recorded and include such items as alcohol, castor oil, pills, cod liver oil, whiskey, iodine, pepsin, liniment, carbolic acid, and laudanum. There are also purchases for items not related to medicine -- corn, hay, lard, and butter
- Also included in the ledger is a loose letter from J. B. Jordan dated 7 January 1883 and addressed to Dr. Farmer. Jordan, most probably James B. Jordan (born about 1850) another physician in nearby Newbern, Virginia, requests that Farmer visit a sick patient while he is away attending to an obstetrical case
- Member of
- Biographical or historical data
- J. Farmer was most likely Jerry Farmer who was born about 1836 in Virginia and was a physician in Dublin, Va., during the nineteenth century.
- The volume was used as an exhibit in the chancery case Jerry Farmer vs. Heirs of Elbert S. Trinkle heard in the Circuit Court of Pulaski County.
- Cataloging source
- Location of other archival material
- For additional information see the Pulaski (Va.) Chancery Cause, Jerry Farmer vs. Heirs of Elbert S. Trinkle. It can be found in the Chancery Records Index at the Library of Virginia web site. The index number is 1884-027.
ContextContext of J. Farmer Physician Ledger, 1867-1898
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work J. Farmer Physician Ledger, 1867-1898
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/1dTr3WTLDAk/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/1dTr3WTLDAk/">J. Farmer Physician Ledger, 1867-1898</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...