The Resource 1836-1844
- Inclusive dates
- General stores -- Virginia | Cumberland County
- Local government records -- Virginia | Cumberland County
- Business records -- Virginia | Cumberland County
- Dry-goods -- Virginia | Cumberland County
- Cumberland County -- History -- 19th century
- Consumer goods -- Virginia | Cumberland County
- Smith, Alexander C
- Ledgers (account books) -- Virginia | Cumberland County
- Alexander C. Smith Ledgers C and D, 1836-1844, of a general store perhaps operated by Alexander C. Smith. It records the individual accounts of customers. Each account lists transactions in chronological order, items purchased, and amount owed or paid. Also listed are payments made by customers to store for hauling goods such as tobacco or manure. Merchandise sold include water buckets, cream tartar, clothing, dry-goods, whiskey, and ointments. Payments made by cash or barter such as corn, wood, or animal skins. Ledger C is partially damaged
- Biographical or historical data
- The general store owned by Alexander C. Smith conducted business in Cumberland County.
- Cumberland County was named for William Augustus, duke of Cumberland, third son of King George II. It was formed from Goochland County in 1749. The county seat is Cumberland.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Alexander C. Smith Ledgers C and D
ContextContext of 1836-1844
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1836-1844
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/1q4P21DnNts/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/1q4P21DnNts/">1836-1844</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...