The Resource 1857-1929
- Inclusive dates
- Record book, 1857-1871, of the Monthly Meeting of Women Friends, containing minutes that cover the period, 16 September 1857-13 December 1871. (Accession 24309a, vol. 1)
- Record book, 1872-1884, of the Monthly Meeting of Women Friends, containing minutes that cover the period, 10 January 1872-12 November 1884. (Accession 24309a, vol. 2)
- Record book, 1875-1912, of the Preparative Meeting of Ministers and Elders, containing minutes that cover the period, 11 August 1875-1 July 1912. (Accession 24309b, vol. 1)
- Record book, 1912-1924, of the Preparative Meeting of Ministers and Elders, containing minutes that cover the period, 5 May 1912-2 October 1924. (Accession 24309b, vol. 2)
- Record book, 1917-1929, containing minutes that cover the period from 17 June 1917-25 October 1929. This volume is the final record book of the Fairfax Monthly Meeting. The last meeting, 25 October 1927, records the discontinuing of this Monthly Meeting and lists the members (p. 97) who were to transfer to the Goose Creek Monthly Meeting. (Accession 24309d)
- Miscellaneous papers, 1919-1929, including correspondence and notes primarily relating to the "laying down" of Fairfax Monthly Meeting. (Accession 24309e)
- Biographical or historical data
- Fairfax Monthly Meeting was established in 1744 from the Hopewell Monthly Meeting. When Loudoun County was formed in 1757, this meeting was located in the new county. The meeting became known as Waterford after the meetinghouse in which Friends of that area had worshipped for many years. The rapid growth of the Fairfax Monthly Meeting resulted in a division in 1785 for the formation of the Goose Creek Monthly Meeting. After a decline beginning in the 1880's because of population migration, the Fairfax Monthly Meeting was discontinued in 1929. For more information see, YE MEETG HOUSE SMAL: A SHORT ACCOUNT OF FRIENDS IN LOUDOUN COUNTY, VIRGINIA, 1732-1980, by Asa Moore Janney and Werner Janney, 1980 and WITH MUCH DECORUM: THE SOCIETY OF FRIENDS IN LOUDOUN COUNTY, VIRGINIA, by the Waterford Foundation, 1996.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
ContextContext of 1857-1929
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1857-1929
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/25I35hX9ndQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/25I35hX9ndQ/">1857-1929</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...