The Resource Agreements on extension of time to collect taxes for 1874, 1875
- Agreements on extension of time to collect taxes for 1874, 1875
- Inclusive dates
- These records are part of Auditor of Public Accounts. Disbursements to Localities and Individuals: Local Government Expenses - Treasurers
- This series contains the auditor's copies of those agreements
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928). (Search Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts (1776-1928) as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- Each county and city in Virginia had a treasurer whose duty it was to settle accounts for the taxes authorized by the revenue acts. Each treasurer had to execute a bond whereby he and his sureties pledged that he would collect all of the taxes owed the state.
- On 23 February 1875 the General Assembly authorized an extension of time for those treasurers who had not yet settled their accounts. In order for the extension to be granted, the treasurers' sureties had to execute agreements whereby theyauthorized the extension.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 747
- Citation source
- Auditor of Public Accounts inventory
ContextContext of Agreements on extension of time to collect taxes for 1874, 1875
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Agreements on extension of time to collect taxes for 1874, 1875
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/27XHuMPTQGk/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/27XHuMPTQGk/">Agreements on extension of time to collect taxes for 1874, 1875</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...