The Resource Lewis Green and the bear, 1995
- Lewis Green and the bear, 1995
- Inclusive dates
- Draper, Lyman Copeland, 1815-1891
- Hunting stories
- Green, Lewis
- Maps -- North Carolina | Wilkes County
- Wilkes County (N.C.) -- History -- 18th century
- Personal papers -- Kentucky | Ashland
- Letters (correspondence)
- Bears -- North Carolina | Wilkes County
- Boone, Daniel, 1734-1820
- Hunting accidents. -- North Carolina | Wilkes County
- Transcripts, 1995, made by Charles A. Barker of Ashland, Kentucky, of letters to Lyman Copeland Draper (1815-1891) and located in the Draper Collection at the State Historical Society of Wisconsin relating to an encounter between Lewis Green of North Carolina or Virginia and a wild bear. The encounter took place in present-day Wilkes County, North Carolina, near the Yadkin River probably in the early- to mid-1770s. The creek along which this attack took place is known as Lewis Fork. Papers contain maps of the Yadkin River area marking possible sites of Green's camp, and mention Daniel Boone (1734-1820)
- Biographical or historical data
- Resident of Ashland, Kentucky.
- Cataloging source
- Location of originals duplicates
- Originals are in the Lyman Copeland Draper Collection, Wisconsin Historical Society.
ContextContext of Lewis Green and the bear, 1995
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Lewis Green and the bear, 1995
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/2Bpi6NgYHj0/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/2Bpi6NgYHj0/">Lewis Green and the bear, 1995</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...