The Resource Records, 1893-1938
- Records, 1893-1938
- Inclusive dates
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Veterans
- Orange County (Va.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- Muster rolls
- Organization records
- Confederate States of America
- Letters (correspondence)
- Veterans -- Confederate States of America
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Societies, etc
- United Confederate Veterans
- This collection consists of records, 1893-1938, pertaining to the United Confederate Veterans organization. SERIES I: National and state headquarters documents contains papers which were sent from the national headquarters in New Orleans, Louisiana, and state headquarters in Petersburg and Norfolk, Virginia. Includes letters concerning reunions and conventions, general orders to all national camps, receipts for payment of dues, and memorandums. SERIES II: Papers of S.B. Gibbons Camp, No. 438, is comprised principally of documents pertaining to the Harrisonburg United Confederate Veterans chapter. Includes letters from other United Confederate Veterans chapters, letters from members of Camp 438, and letters from various Harrisonburg businesses. Also contains membership rosters and dues records, lists of applicants for the Southern Cross of Honor (a medal given to Confederate veterans), and two ledger books containing United Confederate Veterans meeting minutes. Also contains a list of soldiers killed and wounded in action around Orange Court House, Virginia in 1864 and a muster roll of Woodson's Company, McNeil's Squadron of the Virginia Partisan Rangers, C.S.A
- Biographical or historical data
- The United Confederate Veterans is a national organization established in 1890 for Confederate veterans, their sons, and close relatives.
- Cataloging source
- Location of originals duplicates
- Originals, which are owned by the Harrisonburg-Rockingham Historical Society, are located in Special Collections, Carrier Library, James Madison University, Harrisonburg, Virginia.
ContextContext of Records, 1893-1938
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Records, 1893-1938
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/2LIWdJYh1NI/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/2LIWdJYh1NI/">Records, 1893-1938</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...