The Resource 1774-1783
- Inclusive dates
- Papers, 1774-1783, of William Alexander (1726-1783) consisting of correspondence reflecting his business interests. His later letters and correspondence for the Revolutionary War period give insight into his military duties and activities in the Continental army
- Biographical or historical data
- William Alexander lived most of his life in New York and New Jersey. He became a continental general during the American Revolution and won acclaim in engagements at Brandywine, Germantown, Long Island, and Trenton.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Location of originals duplicates
- Originals located at
- New York Historical Society,
ContextContext of 1774-1783
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1774-1783
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/2LK7ailSpPs/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/2LK7ailSpPs/">1774-1783</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...