The Resource 1769-1870 circa
- 1769-1870 circa
- Inclusive dates
- 1769-1870 circa
- York County (Va.) Judgments, 1769-1870 circa, contain civil cases in which justice was administered on the strictly formulated rules of common law. The majority of cases in this record series relate to matters of debt
- Biographical or historical data
- York County originally was named Charles River County, for King Charles I, and was one of the eight shires, or counties, first enumerated in 1634. A record of 7 January 1634 employs the name York County, and a statute of 1643 officially changed the name to York County, probably in honor of James, duke of York, the second son of King Chares I, and later King James II.
- Recognized in 1634 as an original shire. Most pre-Revolutionary War-era loose records are missing. Volumes that record deeds, court orders, and wills exist.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- York County (Va.) Judgments
- Location of other archival material
- Additional York County Court Records can be found on microfilm at The Library of Virginia web site. Consult "A Guide to Virginia County and City Records on Microfilm" found on the Library's web site.
- York County is one of Virginia's Lost Records Localities. Additional York Court Records may be found in the Virginia Lost Records Localities Digital Collection at the Library of Virginia. Search the Lost Records Localites Digital Collection available on Virginia Memory.
ContextContext of 1769-1870 circa
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1769-1870 circa
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/2QcbXOMWxdE/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/2QcbXOMWxdE/">1769-1870 circa</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...