The Resource Augusta Springs Turnpike Company records, 1835-1839
- Augusta Springs Turnpike Company records, 1835-1839
- Inclusive dates
- These records contain letters sent, reports, lists of subscribers and contracts
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Board of Public Works (search author as Virginia Board of Public Works)
- Biographical or historical data
- By an act of the General Assembly approved 19 February 1835, the Augusta Springs Turnpike Company was incorporated, to run from Dudley's sawmill in Augusta County, passing the springs and ending at the Warm Springs-Harrisonburg Turnpike. The turnpike was planned to give access to Augusta Springs, "a fashionable and valuable watering place", and provide an approach to rich anthracite coal beds. The Board of Public Works was authorized to subscribe to 2/5 of the capital stock. April 8, 1839 the Augusta Springs Turnpike Company merged with the Warm Springs-Harrisonburg Turnpike Company.
- Cataloging source
- Citation location within source
- entry no. 205
- Citation source
- Board of Public Works inventory
ContextContext of Augusta Springs Turnpike Company records, 1835-1839
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Augusta Springs Turnpike Company records, 1835-1839
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/2Th0x4scTFU/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/2Th0x4scTFU/">Augusta Springs Turnpike Company records, 1835-1839</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...