The Resource Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Sam W. Turner, 1949-1955
- Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Sam W. Turner, 1949-1955
- Inclusive dates
- Turner, Sam W
- Turner, Lelia C
- Bona vacantia -- Virginia
- Personal property -- Virginia
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- Virginia | Southampton County
- Insurance policies -- Virginia
- State government records -- Virginia
- Keeter, C.O
- Deeds -- Virginia | Southampton County
- Turner, William S
- Insurance, Life -- Virginia
- Escheat -- Virginia
- Keeter, Irene H
- This collection consists of unclaimed property personal papers (Accession 42943) delivered to the Virginia Dept. of the Treasury from banks, executors, administrators or any other safekeeping repositories who have come into the possession of unclaimed property. Typically these personal papers will include correspondence, financial records, and legal or business papers from estates with unknown heirs
- Lot 201083 contains a contract dated 12 September 1949 between C.O. Keeter and Irene H. Keeter (parties of the first part) and S.W. Turner and William S. Turner (parties of the second part)for the purchase of a lot in Southampton County, Virginia and a deed dated 26 September 1949 for the same transaction; life insurance policy for William Sam Turner, dated 21 September 1949 and 3 Febraury 1954; life insurance policy for Sam W. Turner, dated 4 February 1954; and a lease contract dated 8 April 1955 for a parcel of land in Southampton County, Virginia, between S.W. Turner and Lelia C. Turner (his wife) and W.S. Turner (lessors) and Elmer A. Bradshaw, Jr. (lessee)
- Agency history record describes the history and functions of the Virginia Dept. of the Treasury. (Search Virginia Dept. of the Treasury as author).
- Biographical or historical data
- The Treasurer is the custodian of any property presumed abandoned and remitted to the state's custody for safekeeping. The intangible personal property is retained by the Treasurer after being declared unclaimed, for eventual delivery to the person claiming an interest in said property pursuant to Sections 55-210.20 through 55-210.22 of the Code of Virginia. Per Library of Virginia retention schedule 152-006, intangible personal property records are retained by the Dept. of Treasury for 20 years and then any records deemed archival are transferred to the Library of Virginia for permanent retention.
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
ContextContext of Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Sam W. Turner, 1949-1955
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Sam W. Turner, 1949-1955
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/2fQqX6J2BZk/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/2fQqX6J2BZk/">Virginia Dept. of the Treasury, Unclaimed Property: Papers of Sam W. Turner, 1949-1955</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...