The Resource Petition of Richard Clarke, 1677
- Petition of Richard Clarke, 1677
- Inclusive dates
- Petition of Richard Clarke of New Kent County to Herbert Jeffreys, Governor of Virginia, and Sir John Berry & Francis Moryson, Commissioners for the Affairs of Virginia. Clarke asks that Roger Potter, Bryan Smith, & Robert Beverlye answer for their actions in taking away his servants, slaves, & other property from his plantation during Bacon's Rebellion. Also includes the case presented by Clarke to the Commissioners, a petition of Robert Lowder, John Cocker, & Robert Porter, and the petition of Stephen Tarleton
- Additional physical form
- original available on microfilm (Virginia Colonial Records Project, Film 1607, Reel 93).
- Cataloging source
- Citation source
- Salmon, John S., comp. A GUIDE TO STATE RECORDS IN THE ARCHIVES BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA BRANCH OF THE VIRGINIA STATE LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1985
- Location of originals duplicates
- Original record located at Public Record Office Class C.O. 1/40.
ContextContext of Petition of Richard Clarke, 1677
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Petition of Richard Clarke, 1677
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/2mK6CG7zEJI/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/2mK6CG7zEJI/">Petition of Richard Clarke, 1677</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...