The Resource 1782-1836
- Inclusive dates
- Merchants -- Virginia
- Land grants -- Ohio
- Call family
- Estate administration records -- Virginia | Richmond
- Judicial opinions -- Virginia
- Means family
- Gallatin, Albert, 1761-1849
- Personal papers
- McArthur, Duncan, 1772-1839
- Land grants -- Virginia
- Means, Robert, d. 1808
- Bounties, Military -- Ohio
- Executors and administrators -- Virginia
- Lawyers -- Virginia
- Call, Daniel, 1765-1840
- Letters (correspondence)
- Bounties, Military -- Virginia
- Papers, 1782-1836, of Robert Means and Daniel Call. Most of the papers detail Means' business of the buying and selling of land patents and military land grants in Virginia and Ohio. Included are accounts, bonds, correspondence, deeds, receipts, and surveys. Correspondents include Albert Gallatin, Duncan McArthur, and the Virginia Land Office. Also included is an insurance policy from the Phoenix Assurance Company of London, 1807
- The papers of Daniel Call mainly relate to his role as executor of Robert Means' estate. Included are accounts, correspondence, legal papers and opinions, and receipts regarding the settlement of the estate
- Biographical or historical data
- Daniel Call (1765-1840), was a prominent Virginia lawyer who administered Means' estate in 1808-1836.
- Robert Means (d. 1808) of Richmond, Virginia, was a merchant who dealt in tobacco, wheat, and other commodities. He also carried on an extensive business of the buying and selling of land patents and military land grants in Virginia and Ohio.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Funding information
- Filming funded by The Library of Virginia Foundation with the support of The Roller-Bottimore Foundation and The Robins Foundation.
- Location of originals duplicates
- The Huntington Library;
ContextContext of 1782-1836
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1782-1836
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/3-b6gA_9U1w/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/3-b6gA_9U1w/">1782-1836</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...