The Resource 1721-1797
- Inclusive dates
- The volume served as an account book for John Cocke from 1721 to 1759; from 1759-1797 it served as a notebook for Dr. Philip Turpin
- The small volume contains genealogical information on the Turpin family of Powhatan County, Virginia. The genealogical notes were kept by Turpin. The accounts are interspersed with French, Greek, Latin, and English notations of an etymological nature. Poetry, and comments on the weather, gardening, and travel also appear throughout the volume
- Biographical or historical data
- Philip Turpin was related to the family of Thomas Jefferson through his mother.
- Cataloging source
- Form designation
- Account and notebook
- Location of originals duplicates
- Originals are located at Bancroft Library
ContextContext of 1721-1797
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1721-1797
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/3Q04IQpS_kY/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/resource/3Q04IQpS_kY/">1721-1797</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.virginiamemory.com/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.virginiamemory.com/">Library of Virginia</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Library of Virginia. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...